Sunday, December 16, 2007

Over the River and Through the Woods to Michele's House We Go.

Friday morning, Kate Cadwell - the woman from who I am subletting - stopped by to show the apartment to the next prospective tenant. She was really very nice and was thrilled to see the cats. I think she was pleased with what I had done with the apartment.

I headed up to Penn Station to grab a train on the New Jersey transit. I had to endure awful transit service people, but I made my way to South Orange, New Jersey to spend the day with Michele Pawk. It is amazing how 45 minutes on a train lands one in a Dickens-like village.

Michele needed to spend the day Christmas shopping, so we hit Costco (my first time) and ToysrUs. I can't tell you how much I enjoy spending time with Michele. She is a woman who oozes positive energy and love. I feel like I have known her a lifetime. Our friendship is...easy.

I was so fun to visit Michele's home and family. Her son Jack and son John Dosset are exactly as she had describe them warm and gracious. Their house is beautiful; it looks as if it was plucked from McKennan Park. The next time that I am in nyc, I am going to spend more time with them in NJ.

Michele and I grabbed the train back that night as Michele had a performance of Hairspray. I had an invitation to go to a birthday party for Neil Turitz just a couple of blocks from my apartment. It was another full day.

No comments: