Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Nightmare on Morton Street

So last night after I finished my bragging blog on how my boys Diego and Joe had kept the apartment clear of vermin, I got ready for bed. As I entered the bedroom and stopped to kiss Diego who had retired on the foot of my bed, my foot rested on - what I thought - was a balled up sock. As I reached down to pick it up, I froze. It was a HUGE dead mouse with the longest tail I have ever seen.

Do you know that age old question, if the tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a noise? I think the answer is no. As I am petrified of mice and rats, once I "unfroze" I ran to the livingroom, opened my mouth to scream, realized no one could help me, and nothing came out. It took me about 20 minutes to get it together and make a game plan. I decided on a broom and dustpan. It was one of my most heroic moments...and no one was there to witness it.

When I went to shower this morning, I discovered the scene of the crime. It looked like a scene from Law and Order. Blood was splattered all over. All we needed was crime tape. Thank God this happened before mom's arrival today, and thank goodness she will not be reading my blog today as she is travelling.

No comments: