Monday, January 25, 2010

Saturday Theatre Crawl

Saturday was all about theatre. West Side Story gave me chills, and for the record, I really had no deep interest in seeing it. A couple of things were worthy of note. The amount of Spanish included was refreshing and made sense. Where has this been since the original hit the boards in 1957? The transition in Act I from the tailor shop to the dance at the gym was truly magical. Finally, the choreography and physical transitions were some of the best that I have seen.

Next, I attended Circle Mirror Transformation at Playwright’s Horizons. This production was as funny as it was touching. I highly recommend it to anyone with a background in theatre as you will see yourself in all of these characters. This script goes on my “to do list.”

The night cap included Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind by the New York NeoFuturists. Thirty original plays and sixty minutes was on the menu. The entrees were wrong, poignantly sincere and funny! Jordan, Teake Jon, Eric and I had a great time. Hanging with the guys, was a great end to my Saturday theatre crawl.

No comments: