Monday, October 27, 2008

Extraordinary Day

Amanda Simon and I attended the final production of the Women’s Project production of Alien with Extraordinary Skills. It was odd to walk back into the theatre where a year ago, I spent so much time. From the moment we got there, we were put to work. I rocked the membership table and Amanda sold concessions – it was a great way to see free theatre. It was also fun to see the old crew – Allison, Julie, Jack, Gian Murray and Megan. However the real treat was seeing Lucy Martin who was part of the Wapato cast from last year. She was one of my nyc surrogate mothers. The first question that she had was about the final chapter in the Velarie – the homeless woman – story. I was pleased to tell her that after a month at St. Vincent’s, I did move her to Watertown where she is living “happily ever after.”


Aliens with Extraordinary Skills was a beautiful show….funny and poignant. It was a sweet tale about following your dreams in a fresh, new way. We loved it.


Amanda and I spent the rest of the evening in and around Canal. Five pairs of shoes later, we were literally and figuratively spent. Following a group tour of the Lower East Side Toy Company, we called it a day.

No comments: