Monday, October 27, 2008

Bridges, Cherry Lane, Letterman and Cupcakes

Another nyc first…together with Kimmy Norlin and Tracie Erdmann , I walked the Brooklyn Bridge. Since Tuesday’s forecast calls for rain, a couple of us made this a priority on– yet another – beautiful October day. As much as it was a leisurely and picturesque walk, I could not help seeing the images of 9-11 that are imprinted in my mind.

We met up with Leah Hofkamp who had been exploring MoMA all day for a early dinner at Lower East Side vegan-friendly restaurant. They eventually headed up to Central Park; I have not seen the guys all day. Actually, that is not true. I did see Keegan. He and Amanda were going to join us on the Brooklyn Bridge; however, he lost his cell phone on the subway. He finally did get a call and had to go meet the party who were gracious enough to return it.


Tonight, some of us met up to go to Fault Lines at Cherry Lane Theatre which is right around the corner from my apartment. It starred Josh Lucas but the entire ensemble was impressive on stage and on paper. Furthermore, Fault Lines was directed by David Schwimmer. It was a solid performance. It was full strong choices and – yet – it all looked so simple.

After the show, we waited to meet and greet the cast. They were so approachable; they asked the girls questions, signed Playbills and took pictures. Lucas even gave me his email so that I can contact him about collecting an artist interview. I am so glad they saw an Off-Broadway show so they could actually see actors work.



Up the five flights of stairs to my apartment we went for a little post-show discussion. They had been to the famous Magnolia’s Bakery earlier, so I brewed some Porto Rico coffee, and we had a lovely time. We solved some world problems and then….watched Keegan Warwick and Amanda Simon make their CBS debut. They got some really good air time on Letterman.


Kimmy, Tracie and Leah headed back to their apartment, but Amanda crashed on my couch. I really do love these students. They continually teach me every day, and it has been such a pleasure to get to spend time with them off campus and know them all a bit better.

No comments: