Saturday, October 13, 2012

Ps...The Yankees Do Not Suck!


Thursday afternoon consisted of beating the hell out of the chairs that I bought so that I could distress them with paint. Thursday night I wanted to watch the Yankees/Baltimore game, so I finally showered for the first time in 4 days and went into town with Teake. He did laundry and I went to a restaurant that had the game on. The evening was going well as I enjoyed a delicious meal. On the top of the 8th inning, when the game was tied 7-7, a local couple in their 60's bellied up to the bar. Three minutes later, all the TVs changed as the A's were to begin their game. I asked the bartender if there were seriously going to change the station, and he apologized profusely as he said, "Yes."

The older couple was totally amused by question and muttered, "Yankees Suck." I ignored them politely and kindly reminded the bartender that I had asked if I could watch the game when I initially arrived.  I ordered food and a couple of beers. I was told that the couple were die hard A fans as is everyone in Guerneville, and that they had priority. Did I mention it was 7-7 in the 8th? I quickly paid my bill and hustled to another spot that he recommended. As I left, the couple yelled, "Go A's. Yankees Suck!" An hour later when I called Teake to pick me up and was walking to the corner of Main and River Road, the couple saw me and stepped out onto the sidewalk to harass me with continued chorus of "go back to the East Coast" and of course, "Yankees suck." So much for the laid back welcoming attitude of Guerneville.

1 comment:

mur said...

i am NOT a fan of raúl ibañez.