Thursday, February 28, 2008

There Is No Place Like Home...but I am still the wicked witch

Last Wednesday I called around Watertown trying to catch up with Velarie. It had been a week since I had heard she left via limo. I called the Sheriff Toby that Vel liked so well on our initial trip. He had not heard from her, so I called the Watertown police department. The good news there was that she had not appeared on their radar. The next couple of calls were to thrift stores as I know how she is drawn to them. The last call was to the Salvation Army. No one had seen her. My thought was...no news is good news.

This past week, I ran into Julie from St. Francis House. She caught me up. Velarie found herself an apartment in Watertown (we think living assistance). She returned to Sioux Falls to pick up some furniture items that she had purchased at St. Vincent's Thrift Story. A Watertown taxi was her mode of transportation.

Velarie reminded Julie to not let me know of her where beings. I continue to celebrate her health and happiness. Velarie is exactly where she told me she wanted to be two months ago in New York City.

2 comments:

mur said...

you helped her get to where she wanted, maybe that's all you were meant to do for now.

Nancy H said...

Wow! I just read your blog from the last couple of months...have I told you lately that you are an incredible woman!!?!

Miss you! Let's talk soon! Nancy